2021 Schedule and tweaking (not twerking :)) | 80/20 Endurance

2021 Schedule and tweaking (not twerking :))

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    djrwatson
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Firstly, thanks for the plan changes. Your thoughts on the following schedule? (Covid dependent).

I have been following the L1 70.3 plan with the race coming up on the 06 Feb 21.

I then have IM Cairns on 06 June, will take a week off after Hell of the West on 06 Feb and start on week 7 of IM Level 1 in prep for Cairns.

After Cairns, two weeks off and then back into IM level 1 on the 21 June for IM Sth Africa on 21 November. During this training I plan on doing Sunshine Coast 70.3 on 12 September, 10 weeks out from IMSA. Will take it easy the week after Sunny Coast and then back to following the IM plan.

I follow the L1 plans, with the free strength program thrown in as well, due to time and age constraints, best 70.3 time is 5h40 and Cairns will be my first IM.

Just tired thinking about it !!!!

Thanks
    Dave

David Warden
    Keymaster

Dave,

I can’t find anything wrong with this schedule. It’s aggressive (3 70.3 + 1 IM in 10 months), but not reckless. The breaks you’ve defined after events are key.

The week after Sunshine Coast needs to be balanced. I’d not do any running until the week-end brick scheduled for the week-end after.

This schedule is David approved (I should design a seal of approval…with a unicorn…and lasers…)

David

djrwatson
    Participant

Thanks David but bugger…. thought you might have made it a bit easier !!!!!!!

A unicorn with laser eyes would be awesome.

Keep up the good work.

Regards
    Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.