80/20 App | 80/20 Endurance

80/20 App

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nitesh
    Participant

Hello All,

Recently my Run Threshold was update to 07:32 by TrainingPeaks after I ran 8.26 miles at HMP. Thank you 80/20 Endurance Run training plan (Y).

So now my TP run training plan is updated with new run threshold pace so all zones are updated. All is good except there is a disconnect between TP and 80/20 app numbers on my Garmin device. I have updated 80/20 app numbers via Garmin app (Garmin Devices > D2 Delta > Activities, Apps & More > Data Field > 80/20 Run Zone > Settings > Functional threshold pace: 07:32. Save and sync the watch.

My todays workout on TP shows:
    Warm-up
    5 min @ 09:54-12:33 min/mi
    Active
    40 min @ 08:39-09:54 min/mi
    Zone 2-Zone X

But on my watch it shows:
    Warm-up
    5 min @ 11:24-14:27 min/mi
    Active
    40 min @ 09:58-11:24 min/mi
    Zone 2-Zone X

Trying to figure out what I’m missing… Any help will be highly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Nitesh

Nitesh
    Participant

OK, I found the issue… It is TP not pushing new threshold pace number to Garmin, unless I edit it manually on TP and do “Save” and than it will save the workout with new threshold pace.

Any idea how I can re-sync whole training plan so new numbers are updates on Garmin platform? Or I should contact TP support?

Cheers,
    Nitesh

Matt Fitzgerald

Glad you figured it out. Very common stumbling block.

Nitesh
    Participant

Matt,

Thanks for your response… TP just confirmed:

Hi Nitesh,

Thank you for reaching out. This is a known bug in our system where updated paces to do not get sent over to Garmin Connect if thresholds are updated. I have gone ahead and refreshed the workouts on your TP calendar so the changes should be sent to Garmin Connect now.

Let me now if this helps. Thanks.
    Kind Regards,

Bryan Mooney

Customer Support Representative

tedc
    Participant

I have continued to have this problem too, Nitesh, and been in touch with both Garmin and TrainingPeaks about this. Apparently there is a “replace” (or something like that) command that TP is not sending to Garmin to overwrite the old workouts with the new threshold numbers/zones.

Nitesh
    Participant

@tedc thanks for your updates.

This is what TP support said when I asked what to do in future if threshold pace changes:

Hi Nitesh,

Generally, the process to update the sync is to either unapply/reapply the plan or copy/paste the workouts to your calendar and then delete the original version.

Hopefully, we can get this issue resolved in the near future, but for the time being, that is what the steps would be.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Kind Regards,

Bryan Mooney

Customer Support Representative

tedc
    Participant

Another solution that has worked for me, one workout at a time, like if I just want to fix today’s workout, is to change the workout “type” in TrainingPeaks from Bike or Run to “Day Off”, hit save, then change it back to the original. Then I’m not dealing with the issue of multiple copies of a workout. Previously, I had seemed to have some success with “Shifting” future workouts out a few weeks and then shifting them back, but that doesn’t seem to work for me anymore (not exactly sure why but it’s no longer a solution I can rely on.)

If I select a week of workouts, copy them, and paste them into the same week. I’m not sure I would know what workouts were the new ones (to keep) and what were the old ones (to delete.)

This problem seems to only affect my cycling workouts, which reduces the impact of this bug on my training life. The reason it only affects cycling, is that for running, all of my workouts are sync’d from TrainingPeaks to the Stryd app on my watch – and there is no sync problem there with updates, and for swimming your updated zones don’t affect the workout file – it’s the same file and just says “Zone 2”, “Zone 3” etc – has not actual pace numbers in it.

Matt Fitzgerald

Brilliant! Thanks for the tip.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.