Race cancelled. | 80/20 Endurance

Race cancelled.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #7024
    Jabba96
    Participant

    I’m looking for some advice how to move forward. I planned on racing 70.3 Florida next month and then ramping up to 140.6 Lake Placid on 7/26. They cancelled Florida but I’m still following my plan. I’d like to reset my calendar towards another race. I’d still like to do a 70.3 before my big race, if possible. But not if it sacrifices my performance. Do I start the 140.6 training plan now? Or find another 70.3 in my area before July 26 and reset my TP towards that goal. How soon before a full could I do a half

    #7027
    David Warden
    Keymaster

    Jabba,

    I would not schedule a 70.3 closer than 5 weeks to an IM, if you really want the IM to be an A race. This gives you up to a week to somewhat recover from the 70.3, with 2 more weeks of strong IM-specific training before you start a taper.

    Option #1
    If the IM is still the A race, I recommend that you move to Maintenance now, and then start the Florida IM plan in ~May (whenever the plan start for you for that Nov 7 event date). Then, find a 70.3 at least 5 weeks from Florida.

    Option #2
    If you can find a 70.3 event in June, July, or August I would instead set your calendar for that 70.3 plan and end date. Those months are far enough away from Florida that you can still make the 70.3 an A race, and not interfere with your IM plan to still be an A race. You’ll just pick up the IM training where the 70.3 left off, and with ~3 months left in the IM plan, your fitness level from the 70.3 will be more than enough to start part-way through the IM plan.

    David

    #7028
    Jabba96
    Participant

    Whoops. I didnt realize there was a second florida race. The race I planned was for next month. I get the idea however. I think what I will do is change my plan to begin training for the full in lake placid now. If I decide to do any other races this season they will be B races. Just crossing my fingers we get back to racing by July.

    #7032
    David Warden
    Keymaster

    Jabba, that’s my bad! I read Florida and assumed the full IM in Nov. Let me reset…

    Option #2: Load IMLP now (not Maintenance) and see if you can find another 70.3 on June 21 or earlier to do as a B race.

    Option #2: If you can find a 70.3 event for a May, then load the 70.3 plan and switch to the IM plan after the 70.3. I think there will be very few race options that will not be cancelled until June.

    David

    #7033
    drvosti
    Participant

    David, could you help me too? I was scheduled for St. George and have rescheduled for Sept. I also have Santa Rosa July 25th. I reset Training Peaks to Santa Rosa. Now I’m questioning if I can recover and be ready for St. George in Sept

    #7036
    David Warden
    Keymaster

    DR, plenty of time between Santa Rosa and St. George. In fact, you have time to recover for a couple of week, no running for 1-2 weeks, and then pick up the plan with an IM St. George end date.

    Don’t get me wrong: 2 IM in 8 weeks is still a challenge, but you have enough time to do Santa Rosa, recover for a couple of week (active recovery, maybe 4 hours a week of swim and bike) and then 4 weeks of heavy training with a two-week taper.

    David

    #7038
    drvosti
    Participant

    Perfect! Thank you very much. I know you’re not taking any new clients but I’m wondering if you could recommend someone you trust to do a bike fit here in Utah.

    mv

    #7050
    David Warden
    Keymaster

    DR, I’ll e-mail you directly on this one.

    David

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.