plans sold

1% of the purchase price of 80/20 Endurance products are donated to the 80/20 Endurance Foundation Learn More

Compatible With
ZWIFT logo
GARMIN logo
wahoo logo
apple watch combine with stryd
coros logo
trainer road logo

80/20 running plans and triathlon plans extendTrainingPeaksPremium or upgrade Basic for 30 days

Preview 80/20 Running Plans or Triathlon Plans Today!

Untitled design (2)

CYCLING PLANS

maintenance plans

Maintenance Plans

3

Goal-Focusd Plans

purchasing 8020 subscription plan

Subscriptions

strength plans 8020 endurance

Strength and Mobility Plans

racing weight

RACING WEIGHT PLANS

man is jumping over a fire for obstacle course

Obstacle Course Plans

Untitled design (3)

Free Plans

The full suite of 80/20 running plans and triathlon plans are included in the books 80/20 Running and 80/20 TriathlonElectronic plans are available on the TrainingPeaks online platform, which offers comprehensive scheduling, logging, tools and analysis with outstanding web and mobile applications for all 80/20 plans.

brett hoyer circle 150 circle

"By following the 80/20 program I transformed from a 222 lb non-runner to a 175 lb marathoner in 10 months."

Brett Hoyer

alicia phillips circle 150 circle

"I was in that "every workout should be hard" mentality until I trusted the 80/20 plan. My hard workouts were tough, but having fresh legs going into them was key."

Alicia Phillips

steve messenger circle 150 circle

"By following the principles of the 80/20 programming I was able to finish my first ever Half Ironman well under the time cutoff. It also helped me to get through my full racing season injury free as well as feeling well trained and ready for all of my races."

Steve Messenger

shawn platt circle 150 circle

"I honestly believe that there is no way I could've completed my first Ironman 70.3 were it not for the 80/20 training plan."

Shawn Platt

mitch atkinson circle 150 circle

"After deciding to pursue the goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon, I purchased an 80/20 training plan. The results were dramatic. After one training cycle, I dropped over 31 minutes in my marathon time!"

Mitch Atkinson

edson vassoler circle 150 circle

"After having three surgeries in eight months to realign my right leg, I knew I had to train smarter. 80/20 was the perfect balance to avoid the overtraining and damaging injuries."

Edson Vassoler

dennis ruts circle 150 circle

"I used the 80/20 plan for the first time this year. I absolutely loved it. Well balanced and effective. I can't wait till my preparation for next year starts."

Dennis Ruts

8020-plans-get-results-490

80/20 training plans get results

Multiple studies reveal runners, triathletes, and other endurance athletes improve the most when they consistently do 80 percent of their training at low intensity and the other 20 percent at moderate to high intensity.

Virtually all professional endurance athletes obey this “80/20 Rule,” yet the typical recreational endurance athlete spends only 50-70 percent of his or her total training time at low intensity. This so-called “moderate-intensity rut” is by far the most common and costly training mistake that endurance athletes make.

The solution? An 80/20 training plan that ensures the optimal intensity balance.

About Matt Fitzgerald

If a standard training plan won’t meet your goals, or if you're interested in personal coaching, Matt and David offer one-on-one coaching and custom training plans.
Click here to learn more.

About David Warden

In his bestselling book 80/20 Running, Matt Fitzgerald makes the case for slowing down to get faster and shows runners how to break out of the “moderate-intensity rut.” These principles are now embedded in a selection of online 80/20 Run and Triathlon plans on this site for athletes of all levels, beginner to elite.

The full suite of 80/20 training plans is included in the books 80/20 Running and 80/20 Triathlon. Electronic plans are available on the TrainingPeaks online platform, which offers comprehensive scheduling, logging, tools, and analysis with outstanding web and mobile applications for all 80/20 plans.

25% Off

All Training Plans, Subscriptions, and Events

December 28 and 29 only!

Use coupon codes at checkout

25CyberMon1

or

25CyberMon2